Vision Therapy in Lake Ronkonkoma
Drs. Meltzer and Tamburro are Eye Vision Associates’s residency trained optometrist who are available to answer all your questions regarding your child’s visual issues.
It is not uncommon for children who struggle academically to have visual issues that can be addressed with vision therapy. Common problems include:
- Losing one’s place when reading or using a finger when reading
- Skipping or re-reading the same line
- Poor or reduced reading comprehension
- Seeing the print move around on the page
- Seeing words become double when reading
- Difficulty reading for long periods of time
- Headaches, especially at the temples and/or forehead after doing work at near
- Slow reader
- Persistent reversal of letters or words (after 2nd grade)
- General dislike of school and/or reading
- Blur at distance or near.
- Blur when shifting one’s focus between far and near targets
- Copying errors
- Misreading words
Other more subtle symptoms may include:
- Excessive blinking
- Rubbing of the eyes
- Eyes appear to be crossing
- Poor eye-hand coordination
- Tilting or turning of the head when reading
- Easily distracted / difficulty attending to near work
- Placing of the head close to near work.
If you or your child is experiencing some of these symptoms, we may be able to help. Please feel free to contact our office Eye Vision Associates for an evaluation. You can also contact either Dr. Meltzer or Dr. Tamburro, should you have any questions, by using the e-mail links on the “Our Optometrists” tab above.
Click on the link below to learn more about our vision therapy service: http://www.eyevisionassociates.com/vision-therapy-lake-ronkonkoma
Read about the harmful rays your child might be exposed to when they use a computer, tablet or cell phone.