Patients who have suffered a stroke, have a neurological disorder, have been involved in a work related or motor vehicle accident often have vision problems that either go undiagnosed, or worse, untreated. Drs. Meltzer and Tamburro are residency trained in diagnosing and treating trauma related issues and balance problems.
Symptoms of head trauma related vision problems may include (but not limited to):
- Difficulty seeing objects in your left or right visual field
- Double vision
- Difficulty with reading comprehension
- Loss of place, skipping lines or re-reading
- Balance and Dizziness issues
- Fatigue with near work
- Blur at distance and/or near
- Difficulty with eye-hand coordination
- Trouble locating objects in the environment
- Memory issues
If you, or a loved one, has suffered from any form of head trauma or neurological insult, there may be some help available. Please feel free to contact us at Eye Vision Associates to set up an evaluation with either Dr. Meltzer or Dr. Tamburro or visit the "Our Optometrists" tab above and click on the "E-mail me" link next to either doctor's name if you have any questions.